Tuesday 22 January 2013

Month One


Yes, I'm going for the big one first, the challenge of all challenges, the resolution that is top of 90% of people's list - Weight Loss!
I am very fortunate to be 5ft 10inches in height and therefore can hide my muffin top and saggy bits under long tunics and baggy jumpers, many people tell me I don't need to lose weight when the truth is I can't hide it any more. My jeans don't fit, I have had to invest in larger work trousers to accommodate my expanding waistline, I have four boobs instead of two as my bra is too tight and I hate to admit it but - I have back fat!!!

My 'Resolution' for January is to start a


healthy eating programme and begin to correct my terrible diet, hopefully to lose a few pounds along the way and to feel less lethargic and more energetic.
What am I going to do first? Well that one's easy, I have joined Weight Watchers. My first meeting is on Wednesday 2nd January when I will strip down to my bra and pants (clothes weigh!!) and step upon the scales!
January is only 31 days long - I'm not going to think beyond that and take it a month at time. It takes 21 days to break a habit so I'm hoping by January 21st I will be able to look a bag of crisps in the eye and say quite confidently "not today thank you."

2 comments:

  1. I found your book on amazon, which led me here and i must say that you don't look like you need to lose weight and neither on here or in your book do you state how much you weigh or how overweight you actually are??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverley for your kind words and for purchasing my book, I do hope you enjoy it.

      I am very fortunate to be 5 ft 10 in so my height can hide a multitude of sins! I was always skinny but having three children put my body through a tough time. I am a UK 14 bottom and 16 top and would very much like to get to a 12. I don't need to lose a huge amount but I would be happier with a stone less of me! I think we all know what our bodies can cope with don't we. Suffering from sciatica tells me I could afford to lose weight.

      Delete