Thursday 31 July 2014

Who Said That?

From the old wives tales that our grandparents taught us, to a business mantra that is tossed around the boardroom, we all know one or two quotes that have inspired us.


For me, a motivational quote can be used to boost my own self esteem, or passed on to one of my holistic clients.  Enhancing well-being and inspiring someone to succeed can be as simple as passing on a brief sentence.

We all know that words can harm or heal, I choose to live my life on the healing path and as such I pass on the inspirational quotes and mantras that I've collected over the years.


 
Thanks to Weight Watchers for this one
I wanted to share some of my favourite affirmations with you.  I hope you like them as much as I do and can use them to fill your day with a sense of purpose, a smile or to feel uplifted.  Enjoy x

"Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and slavery.  It is we who control these, not another" - Richard Bach





"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures" - H.Jackson Brown

"Dream It, Live It, Become It" - Shelley Wilson

"Act as if it were impossible to fail" - James K van Fleet

"Action conquers fear" - Peter Zarlenga

"Opportunities pass, they don't pause" - Anon

"Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down" - Kobi Yamada

"Thoughts become things, pick good ones" - taken from 'The Secret'

"You can't live forever, but show up, let people know who you are, leave your clear footprints in the sand" - Hafsat Abiola-Costello




Do you have a favourite quote or mantra?


8 comments:

  1. Lots to inspire here, thank you. I have that Goethe quote in my office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, Goethe' s quote is a good one. It was very hard to only list a few, I could probably wallpaper my house with the amount I have collected ;-)

      Delete
  2. Interestingly the quotes you have picked have been the ones I have been chucking Ian's way for his new journey in Monday. :-) At this rate I might get the support from him to open a coffee shop if his job his well. ;-) Keep inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline and I'm keeping everything crossed for that coffee shop ;-)

      Delete
  3. What an inspiring post Shelly. I've just read your fabulous book How I Changed My Life. Wonderfully humorous, easy to read, and again so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue for your message and wonderful feedback. I'm really pleased you enjoyed my book, it was a fun (and busy) year! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for RT my blog on Twitter! Love your positive energy and I can how it helps others....well done Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Michael :-)

      Delete