Collecting 'things' is a favourite hobby of mine. It's an odd phrase but I feel it bunches all the 'nic nacs', 'bric-a-brac' and 'random stuff' I have in my house under the one umbrella. 'Things', it rolls off the tongue nicely doesn't it. Maybe I was a magpie in a former life, attracted to lustrous objects and glittering paraphernalia.
http://juliaproofreader.wordpress.com, I believed I had peaked in the collector status. A shiny blog award is, in my humble opinion, as huge as an Oscar! Okay, I may have a slight flair for the dramatics, but knowing that someone other than my mum is reading my blog is a big deal.
So Julia, I thank you for taking the time to nominate me, please do take a look at Julia's blog and at her other blogger recommendations - http://juliaproofreader.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/one-lovely-blog-award-and-other-blog-recommendations/
(This award comes with a set of rules. I must link back to the blog of the person who nominated me, share 7 facts about myself and nominate 15 blogs I like. If I've nominated your blog, please don't feel obliged to take part if you don't want to, I've listed you because I enjoy your posts - sorry if I've nominated anyone for a second time, it just means you rock!)
7 Things About Me
1. I am an avid fantasy fiction fan and only at my happiest when in another world. My favourite place to live would be a toss up between Narnia and King's Landing! I adore Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. This passion started at an early age and it was thanks to Enid Blyton and the Folk of the Faraway Tree (my love of climbing trees developed around the same time!)
2. I am not a fan of 'normal telly'. I run screaming when I hear the theme tune for Coronation Street! If there isn't a vampire, dragon, werewolf or wizard in it then it doesn't make the cut. My favourite film is Lost Boys, favourite TV show is The Vampire Diaries and I am proud to admit that I was a member of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Club!
3. At the tender age of 21 I was told I wouldn't be able to have children - turn away now if you are averse to reading about 'lady bits'. After having an exploratory operation the surgeon discovered I was missing half of my reproductive organs and only had one fallopian tube, one ovary and half a womb. I don't like to be told what I can't do so went on to have 3 children!
4. I have been inside Number 10 Downing Street. As part of the 20th Anniversary for Epilepsy Research UK I was invited to attend an event hosted by Samantha Cameron. I went with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin who have tirelessly fundraised for ERUK following the sudden death of my cousin Lee, when he was just 24 years old, to SUDEP (Sudden Unexplained Death from Epilepsy). It is so impressive inside, although we were quite disappointed that the loo roll didn't have any insignia on it.
5. I have a scar on my right eyebrow which I got playing British Bulldog when I was 8. For anyone who doesn't know, British Bulldog is a form a tag, one person is 'it' and has to tag the other players to get them out. After an impressive duck, sweep manoeuvre I fell over the foot of a fellow player and collided with the corner of the brick school building. The new headmaster was visiting that day and had to take me to A & E! He never forgot me! My school friends spent the rest of the lunch break playing follow the blood trail.
6. When I was 22 I worked as a Bar Manager for 3 months, on a family camp in the Catskill Mountains, New York State. I was terribly homesick and when I rang my dad to tell him (with a feeble hope he would fly out and get me) he just said, 'you're a Wilson!' That was all I needed to hear and I ended up having the most amazing time and making some wonderful friends from across the world.
7. I have a tattoo. Love them or hate them you can't deny the artwork is fantastic.
My 15 blog nominations are for blogs I read on a regular basis, people I connect with on twitter and Facebook or speak to at exhibitions. There are a mix of interests - crafting, marketing, writing, book reviewers, favourite authors and people I find interesting. Please click on the links and share the blogger love.
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog and I hope you find some interesting new friends to follow out of my list. I could have gone on and on but had to stop at 15 - rules are rules!
I love hearing from readers so please feel free to leave me a comment below.