Happy National Stationery Week! #writingmatters


Hurray, it’s my favourite week of the year. Yes, it’s National Stationery Week! As if I ever needed an excuse to buy a new pencil case, notebook, or colourful pens.

You can get involved by visiting http://nationalstationeryweek.com or using #writingmatters on your social media platforms. Of course, there is another way you can join in on the fun, and that’s by purchasing and using oodles of gorgeous stationery.

Monday is ‘Pen and Pencil Day’ so I thought I’d share my odd obsession with pens.

When I start on the planning stages for one of my books, either a non-fiction book or one of my young adult fantasy novels, I invest in a new notebook dedicated to notes, bios, and scribblings about that book and I always buy a new Pentel EnerGel Liquid Gel Ink pen. I can’t use anything else!

I’ll write the title at the start, followed by pages of character bios, so I know everything there is to know about each of my characters. Then I’ll start to plot out the book – I love this process.

When I begin to write the chapter breakdown, I might introduce the coloured gel pens to highlight certain scenes.

I have no idea why I adopted this strange ritual, but it seems to have stuck!

Do you have any quirky stationery stories? I’d love to hear about them.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed this post. Want more? Connect with me here:  Twitter @ShelleyWilson72, Instagram or check out my Facebook pages http://www.facebook.com/FantasyAuthorSLWilson and http://www.facebook.com/MotivateMeBlog. You can also find me on Pinterest


Image sourced via National Stationery Week Facebook Page

Comments